If this is your first time learning about Poly MVA, you have come to the right place. Will do our best to provide you with the best and most complete path that we can, based upon our experience and resources.
If you already have our information packet, please read it thoroughly. If you do not have one yet, you can download it here or email us to get one. As you go through the information packet, write down any questions you may have. Then contact our consultants via email or by phone at 619-447-6500 for further assistance. Please download and fill out this Questionnaire and will schedule an appointment with you.
Below you will find more information on Poly-MVA as well as valuable information on nutrition and health in general. Additionally, you can visit our Healthy Living page for health information resources and education. If you have any questions whatsoever, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our help.
Why Poly-mva ?
POLY-MVA is a uniquely formulated supplement containing alpha lipoic acid, minerals, vitamins and amino acids. It is designed to support cellular energy production and promote overall health. Poly-MVA is a patented dietary supplement with over 40 years of clinical laboratory research and testing. It is a revolutionary product and the first in a remarkable new category of supplements called Lipoic Acid Mineral Complexes (LAMC). For more in-depth information on Poly-MVA, visit our About Poly-MVA, Guidelines and FAQ pages. In addition to Poly-MVA, consider the many other supplements we offer which, when used in specific combinations, provide the body’s systems a unique synergy for support and protection. The majority of our customers have found the other supplements we provide to be beneficial in combination with Poly-MVA to ensure daily optimum health and body function by assisting your body in restoring lost nutrients, as well as overcoming the side effects that can occur as a result of receiving difficult therapies. AMARC encourages you to research topics such as diet, exercise, mental/social/spiritual well-being and supplements in order to empower yourself to make informed decisions on all the options available and their particular benefits toward your quality and quantity of life.
Why take supplements at all ?
What are dietary supplements? Why do you need them? With all the information on supplements available, or often the lack thereof, it can be difficult to know what is what, what to take, why and how.
So, let’s start with the basics. What exactly is a “dietary supplement”? According to the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act, a dietary supplement is a product (other than tobacco) that:
- is intended to supplement the diet
- contains one or more dietary ingredients (including vitamins; minerals; herbs or other botanicals; amino acids; and other substances) or their constituents
- is intended to be taken by mouth as a pill, capsule, tablet, or liquid
- is labeled on the front panel as being a dietary supplement
So, why take them? Research and current science continue to show there is much you can do to stay healthy, primarily starting with nutrition. The good news is that with optimal diet and nutrition, including specific dietary supplements, your quality and quantity of life can often be greatly increased. Much has been said in the news about whether taking a daily multivitamin/supplement is a good or a bad idea. The answer lies in good science, depends on an individual’s specific needs and lifestyle choices, however one thing is certain – regular, usually daily, top-of-the-line supplement will support you and they surely DO NOT harm you the many OTC’s and prescriptions can, and they usually do you a world of good, very often having dramatic positive effects. We maintenance our cars, our homes and other personal items, we should make our primary maintenance our health for “Our Health is truly Our Wealth”!
So why are so many people still unaware of the impact various/combination minerals, vitamins and amino acids? Which supplements do you need and what are the best ones to take? Why are drug companies and many traditional doctors typically often opposed to nutritional supplements? Why is there continued debate over safety and dosages? At AMARC, an informed understanding is our standard approach. We encourage you to research the studies, the data and the practioners and inform yourself on how you can make the best daily nutrition and supplement decisions yourself. We’ve provided nutritional supplements and dietary changes that have been used as daily nutrition as well as healthy approaches for over 20 years. We see and have personally experienced using specific and many times combination pharmaceutical-grade supplements daily. We agree there are sometimes good reasons to be concerned about how supplements are marketed and used. So let’s look at what we support when it comes to dietary supplements, and how we answer people’s questions about any controversy.
The link between chronic health challenges and nutrition
The changes in the 20th and 21st century to the U.S. population, let alone the world population in chronic situations is one of the major health challeneges and stories of our lifetimes. Today, seven out of ten Americans will die from the complications of a chronic situations including: heart disease, cancer, obesity, diabetes, depression, metabolic and digestive disorders (including heartburn and acid reflux), rheumatoid arthritis, fibroids, and osteoporosis, just to name a few. See the Global Report in 2020 and the CDC Report for 2018 in the U.S.
Why the dramatic rise and changes in the 20th and 21st century? Clearly we are living longer, and many of us under greater, more continuous stressors – both of which contribute to degenerative conditions and poor health. But only recently has the role of specific and targeted nutrition begun to be given its due.
Conventional practitioners treat many patients with an ever-growing array of expensive pharmaceuticals that may temporarily relieve the painful or uncomfortable symptoms, however they do nothing to identify and resolve the underlying causes — which often leads to other serious nutrient depletion’s and problems, just think of STATINS and their long and embroiled history. The reason is typically because conventional medicine is often focused on disease screening and drug treatment of many times the symptoms — ignoring the more powerful approach of disease prevention or targeting the cause, especially through nutrition and EPIGENETICS.
Many people are surprised to learn that their chronic condition or health challenge can frequently be traced to a nutritional deficiency, poor eating habits and lack of exercise and the linkage is very clear in the 21st century health paradigm. Nutrition affects our immune system, organ function, hormonal balance and cellular metabolism. The nutritional deficiency comes first, followed some years later by symptoms, which lead in time to dysfunction. To make things worse, the whole downward spiral is accompanied by accelerated aging and cellular breakdown.
Why "acceptable" nutrition is often unacceptable
Americans appear to be so well fed, it seems impossible that we aren’t getting enough nutrients. But study after study has shown that most of us don’t get adequate amounts of key vitamins and minerals. (And, again, one of the consequences is the increase in chronic diseases.) Beyond that, many of us are living longer, but feeling worse: our quality of life is suffering as we age. We are also seeing chronic situations manifest in younger and younger people — children are now routinely seen with “adult” situations like uncontrolled blood sugar or incorrect blood pressure — which can directly arise from the insulin resistance caused by modern high sugar, fast food diets and lack of exercise.
How can it be true that ordinary nutrition is not enough? It’s partly a quantity-versus-quality problem. Most of us aren’t eating enough of the right things. We eat a lot of what can be referred to as “non-foods:” fast food, over-processed food, food with highly refined sugar, simple carbohydrates, preservatives, and large quantities of trans fats. We ingest stimulants that actually get in the way of our bodies’ ability to absorb vitamins and minerals.
Another factor is dieting for weight loss. Almost half of all American women, and a significant percentage of men, are on some kind of diet at any given time. Many of these diets rob the body of vital nutrients. And yo-yo dieting (weight loss followed by weight gain, and then another cycle of weight loss) is a major source of stress for our bodies.
Multivitamins, supplements and hormonal balance
Our bodies require micronutrients for the non-stop process of synthesizing hormones from simpler molecules. It is simply impossible to achieve and maintain hormonal balance without such support.
Remember that our HORMONES fluctuate with our circumstances. Cortisol and adrenaline levels rise and fall as we work out stressful situations. Stable insulin levels provide the framework that allows all of our major hormones to communicate with one another. If nutrients are low or missing, the balance of this communication is undermined. To remain flexible and strong we need to give our hormones the wide array of nutrients they need.
Is it any wonder that so many people wake up to their health problems at mid-life, such as poor nutrition, and then take control of their health? Improving dietary choices is a good start, but you will likely need supplements as well. And here’s why.
The role of nutritional supplements
Between the poor nutritional quality of our diets and the nutritional burdens added by modern stressors, you can understand why we at AMARC advocate taking using nutritional supplements, various minerals, vitamins, amino acids and even herbs and botanicals each every day. This small step translates into a huge impact for our bodies, which after all are miraculously good at healing injury and preventing illness when they have all the nutrients and compounds when given proper support.
Mainstream health care has really caught on. A 2002 study in the Journal of American Medical Association the “is a risk factor for chronic diseases and common in the general population.” The report continues, “Most people do not consume an optimal amount of all vitamins by diet alone. It appears prudent for all children and adults to take dietary supplements.”
So why isn’ this more well known? Well, as many as half of us already take some form of dietary supplement. So the obvious question is: Why aren’t the other half taking them too? The less obvious question is just as important: Why aren’t the people who do take multivitamins clearly healthier than those who don’t?
Many people don’t take multivitamins because they believe that doctors oppose dietary supplements. Their doctors may have discouraged them from using supplements in the past. In fact, there are good reasons why doctors are often hesitant to endorse the use of dietary supplements, and it is a good idea to understand why.
Remember also that not all nutritional supplements are alike. This is one reason doctors are so skeptical about their use. More information on dietary supplements can be found at the National Institutes of Health’s Office of Dietary Supplements website.
Why you need supplements, regardless of your health condition
1. Food irradiation: is a food processing technique to extend the shelf life of food by destruction of harmful microorganisms and delay of ripening through exposing it to ionizing energy and radiation. However, this process also eliminates the essential nutrients especially water soluble vitamins and antioxidants. Food irradiation is widely used in products like chicken, meats, and vegetables. This technique is approved and used in more than 40 countries world wide. Buying local food in season, when you can, makes good sense.
2. Environmental Pollution: Everyday millions of kilograms of chemicals are dumped into our environment. These wastes go to the air, water and food that we eat. For example, if you eat fish, you are quite likely to consume excessive mercury at the same time. Studies show that environmental pollution is a significant cause of degenerative diseases. Thus, you need quality and potent health supplements to detoxify your body against the pollution and boost your immune system.
3. Genetically modified (GM) foods: are crop plans created for human or animal consumption with advanced technology. GM foods are created to improve crop protection and improve the nutritional value. Although all GM foods you see from the market passed risk assessment, there is no long term study indicate that they are safe to human. In fact, GM foods can cause allergic reaction in some people. In addition, rat studies have shown that consumption of GM foods increased intestinal infections and reduce immunity. The final say is not in but more research is obviously necessary.
4. Soil depletion: Aggressive farming, acid rains, use or artificial fertilizers and synthetic pesticides have caused soil depletion. These activities deplete the essential nutrients in the soil. As a result, nutritional values of fruits and vegetables are greatly reduced. In fact, the vegetables you eat today taste bland due to lack minerals in the soil. According to a recent study sponsored by United Nations Environment Program (UNEP), about 17% of land in the world has been damaged. However, soil remains is either slowly losing nutrients, or no longer contain the essential nutrients.
5. Lifestyle: Depending on your lifestyle and behavior, you may need nutritional supplements. For example, smoking destroys certain vitamins. Both first hand and second hand smokers need to take extra antioxidants to protect the body against free radicals. Excessive alcohol consumption impairs the body’s ability to absorb many nutrients and inhibits the production of digestive enzymes. In the above mentioned situations, taking supplements is MUST to stay healthy. Other examples that require extra supplementation include: athletes, pregnant women, people who work in radioactive environments and those who work in physically demanding and stressful occupations.
6. Stress: is not an unusual term to many of us. Stress can diminish your energy levels as well as deplete nutrients and suppress immune function, leading to acceleration of the aging process and degenerative diseases. The symptoms of stress include fatigue, depression, panic, anxiety, loss of appetite, and insomnia. Fortunately, there are supplements that can work to effectively reduce the detrimental effects of stress, and also relief the symptoms of stress.
7. Pesticides in foods: Pesticides are widely used in agricultural activities to control and destroy pests. Pesticides are poisonous and some reside in our foods. According to a study by Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the health benefits of fruits and vegetables are reduced by use of pesticides. When you eat foods that contain pesticides, they may cause health problems to immune system, nervous and hormonal system. Research has verified that crops cultivated using organic methods are not only free of the toxins our bodies don’t need, but superior in the micronutrients we do need.
8. Food Processing: Most of the foods from supermarkets are processed. Processed foods are not fresh and contain fewer nutrients compare to fresh foods. For example, grain peels which contain natural fiber are removed in the processing stage. Processed foods also contain no live enzymes. Enzymes are necessary for digestion and metabolic function. Lack of enzymes can cause degenerative diseases. In addition, processed foods contain refined sugar, extra salt, unhealthy fat, and chemical additives. These substances may bring negative impacts to your body.
9. Genetics: Virtually everyone has a family history that includes a chronic illness such as heart disease, diabetes or cancer. You may be concerned that you carry a genetic predisposition to one or more of these diseases. But there are many options to preventing disease, several which begin with nutrition. The good news is that with optimal nutrition, including dietary supplements, you can rewrite your life story with a happier ending.
If you have questions concerning POLY-MVA, or any of our supplements and how using them in conjunction with smart dietary and lifestyle changes can benefit you or your loved ones, please call us at 619-447-6500 . Please download, fill out and email us back this Questionnaire and we can schedule an appointment with a qualified consultant that are available Monday-Friday, 8:30-5:00 PST.
DO YOU NEED MORE INFORMATION
CALL US AT 619-447-6500